Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thunder

At lunch time Saturday we had a thunder storm roll in. I had delivered Dad's lunch to him in his den. About two minutes later we had a big crash-boom thunder clap, and Dad got up from his lunch to come into the living room and ask what on earth that was. I told him thunder.  He said, "Is that what that was?"  He hadn't known what that "horrible noise" was.

It seems both Mother and Dad are having problems processing auditory input. Neither can identify what they're hearing, and it upsets them. I guess this must be another step in the aging process. I should probably read up on it so as to better know what to expect. Wah. I don't wanna. I don't want to have to read a book. A list is more to my liking. On one page.

Mom got up on her own Saturday. She came wandering into the living room around 11:00 a.m.  She wasn't grumpy or moving badly.  She sat in front of the TV watching TCM all day. It must be Omar Shariff spotlight - Dr. Zhivago Friday and Lawrence of Arabia Saturday.

I got my tomato seeds planted Saturday and showed them to Dad. He really wasn't interested at all. That was surprising. He asked if I was going to put them in the yard. I told him I wanted to put them next to the patio. He said, "You know, I did that one year." Uh, yes, that's what we did last year. I wish I could have two patches - one he could kill with over-watering and one I could actually get tomatoes from. That would just be too much to do I think.

No comments: