Friday, September 16, 2011

Joe in Hospital

Quick update to let everyone know that I took Joe to the hospital Thursday afternoon. It's very late, so this is short. He fell 4 times by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.  He would not quit trying to get up and go work on the yard. If I couldn't get him somewhere contained, I feared he would break a bone.

His blood pressure was exceedingly high. Otherwise, nothing else out of line. It and his behavior was enough for them to keep him. He will be there through at least Saturday. It took until 2:30 a.m. before they finally got him settled into a room in CCU on the 3rd floor of Western Baptist Hospital and told me to go home.

I left him still trying to get up and go. He was restrained because he kept ripping his IV out. He had a catheter but was yelling for help every few minutes because he had to pee. He was going to kick my ass, and I was going to pay because he was there. He didn't know where he was - maybe Bardwell, maybe Paducah, what year it was or what month it was.  Today was the first time he called me by name in over 6 months, but he sure as hell was pissed off at me.

I won't get to the hospital before noon on Friday. I have to get 8 hours of sleep. I have to stop by the attorney's office to check on a living will. I have to keep sitters scheduled for Lola. I'm sure regular CCU visiting hours will apply. Don't anyone be surprised at what you find if you visit. He may be totally with it, know who and where he is, or he may be totally off.

No comments: