Thursday, April 28, 2011

Market Bag

Yay! I finally had a chance to try out the market bags I made from the pattern Cherizac sent me.  They work wonderfully despite my bad knitting. I'm not much of a knitter. These are the most open things I've ever knit, and keeping up with the stitches from the K2 tog, YO and vice versa (knit 2 together, yarn over) drove me absolutely nuts. I dropped stitches right and left.

The second was easier to make than the first.  The darned first one ended up with jut one handle the first time around.  I've got a third one on the needles, and I'm still having trouble keeping the right amount of stitches on the needles.  For the life of me, I can't figure out where I keep dropping stitches.

Still and all, like I've said, they're done, they hold stuff, they're holding together, and they don't look too bad. They're washable and very usable. I can pile a bunch of them in one, and they won't fall off the shelf when I open the closet door. So I'm a happy camper.

The one on the left is holding two large bunches of bananas. The one on the right is holding a box of ice cream bars, a huge bag of crisped rice cereal and something I've forgotten what it was.

No comments: