Friday, April 8, 2011

Food Issues and After Midnight Hairdos

Thursday was a pretty quiet day. It took Dad until 10:30 p.m. to go to bed tonight. Oh, and he took four glasses to bed with him tonight. At midnight I was in the kitchen finishing washing the dishes and making puddings, when Mom came wandering into the kitchen. She wanted to make sure she wasn't alone in the house.  I got her to bed.

The food issue with my father is coming to a head in my mind. I've been so frustrated I have been nearing the point of meltdown over it. Now I'm reaching the point where I don't care.  He won't eat foods he's eaten all his life. He only eats certain things, yet he's getting tired of them. Tonight he made a comment about there being no good food in the house.

When they throw comments at you like that, you just want to scream. Really sarcastic and/or vulgar things want to fly out of my mouth. I have to step back, breathe deeply and think BRAIN DAMAGE. I'm going to disconnect from this issue and not care.  I will do the best I can, and that's all I can do.

I forgot to mention that last night about 1:00 a.m. I heard Dad get up and go into the big bathroom.  He stayed and stayed so I walked back that way to check. First he was standing over the sink. Okay.  Five minutes later I checked again.  He was sitting on the stool brushing his hair. Okay.  Five minutes later he finally went back to bed.

No comments: