Thursday, April 28, 2011

Drugs, Mowing and Rain

Okay, Dad slept until 10:30 a.m. this morning. That's not frequent at all. Since I was up at 8:35 a.m., it was a nice break. He did nap a bit in the afternoon.  Howsoever, we've had two rounds over the mowing today.

I actually got out on the mower this afternoon and was able to get the sides, front, back and part of field mowed. On the first round, Joe actually admitted that I was an "excellent" job. Wow. From Joe? On the other hand, he wanted to get on the mower and do a run of the property. That was round 1 and a definite No.  Didn't go over too well.

I escaped and mowed some more. Joe came back out with a pair of gloves in hand. On the one hand, I thought that meant he was determined to get on the mower.  So favoring valor, I ran to back the first side of the yard. He followed.  I ran to the other side of the yard. He followed.  I gave up playing "Run from Joe," parked the mower on the side of the house and went in to cook supper.  On the other hand, he was simply trying to be nice and left the gloves for me to use (nice feminine ones) on the mower.  Ouch.

After supper, I went out and finished as much as I possibly could without trashing the yard and field. It wasn't a lot more, and the trashing could have been significant. It's a bog down in the field and halfway up the hill to boot.  Round 2 was over why I didn't finish mowing and the field "has" to be done.

Joe simply can't understand that 1. IT'S TOO WET, and 2. the neighbor is going to bring his tractor in and get it, when it ISN'T TOO WET.

Thank you. I feel better now.

Oh, except for the fact that it's raining again.

I'm supposed to go home for a few days on Saturday. The sitter is being nice enough to work with me, though, on whether or not I can get more mowing done so she doesn't have to deal with Dad over the mowing.  Have I told you how much I appreciate my sitter?  Worlds and worlds.  I'm taking the key of the mower with me. That way she doesn't have to lie and can blame it all on me.  It'll still be a pain for her to deal with. I figure another month of the mowing war will be enough to tip us all over the edge.

Dad started his going to bed process at 8:45 p.m. tonight and was lying down by 9:00 p.m.  Amazing. He didn't wander for ages tonight.  Maybe that's a good thing.

I haven't said anything about Mom in a few days.  She's on a streak of being sure someone is looking in the living room window.  It must have something to do with the angle and time of the setting sun and shadows.  Every night now for the last 4 days I've had to go outside and show her no one is looking in the window.  I don't want to close the sheers because the living room is dark on it's own, and I'd like what little sun shines in to shine as long as possible.

No comments: