Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just Catching Up in August

Tonight I was finishing up canning some taco meat and working on learning how to make jelly. It took me a while. I had 2 loads of meat to do in the pressure canner. The last one came out about 1:30 a.m. I was also working on learning the stages of jelly - cooking until the juice/jelly reaches the right stage, the stage where it drips off the spoon just right.  

I had just taken the last batch of meat out of the canner, and had also just finished cleaning up from the jelly learning, and realized  there was a lot of grumbling going on - weather grumbling. Then I turned around and there was Joe up creeping into the kitchen. He was in his sweats and had  his shoes on. Damn how'd he get into his shoes and all that while I was in the kitchen and missed it! Well, he calmly accepted something to drink and a gentle shove back to his bed.

So I'm in here at 2:00 a.m. with a lot of thundering going on writing a blog post on what's been going on since I've been back. Basically, since I arrived back here on Thursday evening, things have been going well. Joe has been focused on the few piles of grass clippings he's raked up. It's been raining a bit, thank heaven! The gardens and farmers need it, and it's kept Joe confined. Lola has been focused on The Classic Movie Channel.

Sandy talks about talking and joking with both of them. That gets me because neither of them will talk or joke with me. Occasionally Joe will joke, and that's freaky because he never did do that with me before. Lola used to talk and joke all the time, and now with me, she's just silent. Even when I try to engage her in conversation, I have say everything twice. It's like she doesn't hear the first time. It's like she's totally locked into her own mind and world. It bothers me that the sitters can engage them and I  can't.

No comments: