Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunday to Tuesday

Today is Sunday and it looks to be starting as pretty unusual.  We all slept late. When I got up at 10:00, I immediately went to the kitchen and put the bacon on. Peeled a tomato for bacon sandwiches for Dad and me. I checked him before making the sandwich, and he was asleep in his chair.

So I sat down at the computer and did a little checking on the news.  Flooding still happening in the South; the Rapture didn't occur (Doh!). I kept waiting to hear some noise from Dad to cue me to get his sandwich done.  Mom has been laying on her bed playing with her flashlight.

Around 12:15 p.m. I heard the door to outside shut, and Dad's gone yard walking. I guess he's just not hungry today. Well, I got Dad fed lunch around 1 p.m.  He spent the rest of the day until supper sitting in his chair watching TV.

Then just when I was going to make his supper plate, his meal alarm went off, and he got up and went outside. Sigh. I swear it's an internal alarm that tells him to go outside just when I'm getting his plate fixed.

So now it's Tuesday. Maybe things are becoming so normal here I just don't think to document them anymore. That's rather sad.

Mom had to see the doctor today before he would refill her blood pressure prescription.  At least he only demands that once a year rather than every 3 months.  It's hard to change doctors in a one-doctor town. Mom's doing just fine.  At least we got her into real clothes today and out.  She likes being out and driving once you get her out.  Getting her out of the house takes an act of congress, or at least a doctor's appt.  I think I may start fibbing to her with false appointments just to get her dressed and out.

I don't even know what it's like to live at my own home anymore. Visiting your own home for a total of 3 days every two weeks kinda does you in.  I asked at the doc's office today for a contact of someone that could counsel through elderly care.  They'll have to get back to me as they didn't have a contact on file.

No comments: