Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flat Tires and Flat Cinnamon Rolls

Well, make that the chewiest cinnamon rolls on the face of the earth.  I'm trying to learn how to work with sourdough starter. Tonight I made some cinnamon rolls with my basic bread recipe and simply rolled it out and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, cooked, and topped with sugar icing.

Big Fail.  These are the chewiest cinnamon rolls you can imagine.  Gonna have to learn what basic ingredient to add to the recipe to make it lighter and less chewy.  I think maybe it's some milk. Will try that next.  If not that, then milk and eggs.  Hate to have to go the eggs, though.  Will try working with just adding milk and maybe some baking soda.

The fail with the rolls was preceded by the fail with the tire.  I'm a smoker. Needed to go to the store for some cigarettes.  Popped out to the garage, started the car, backed it up to the turn around and thought, mmmm, something doesn't feel right. Sure enough, flat tire on the right front.

Sigh.  Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

So I pulled a Joe Lindsey and rode to town on the golf cart.  Hey, an addict can't do without their fix. And, yes, I know I need to work on kicking that addiction. Nobody needs to tell me.

So I'm finishing the night watching episodes of "Jeremiah" on Netflix while Lola watches some Steve McQueen racing movie on TCM. Which I would like to swear an oath to never watch again in my life. Except we all know you never say "Never."

No comments: