Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What Do You Know About Paul Ryan?

Warning! Personal Opinion to Follow

Following Mitt Romney's announcement that his choice for vice-president is Paul Ryan, I've been surprised to learn just how little the people around me know about Paul Ryan. Even my husband, Max, didn't know who he was a couple of months ago when I asked his opinion on Ryan's budget. I had to consciously close my mouth when he said he didn't know anything about it. Until lately, Max has notoriously been more aware of politics than I.

Here are a few video clips that do a very good job of explaining Ryan's ideas on the economy in terms that don't require one to be an economics expert and his idea's on women for the country as a whole.

If you're not aware, Paul Ryan's budget is famous. He has proposed a budget that is known as the "Kill Medicare Budget." A simple explanation per http://healthcareforamericanow.org is,
"The Ryan plan essentially would kill the guarantees that provide seniors and people with disabilities a specific set of benefits and services and then replace it with vouchers to private insurance companies."
Republicans are claiming Ryan is a fiscal conservative. If one looks at Ryan's record and the true definition of "fiscal conservative," Ryan is not at all a fiscal conservative.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I'd like to preface this next clip with remarks that are nonprejudicial. I can't do it. The idea that any man has the right to tell me I cannot control whether or not I have a child makes me fume. This video shows Ryan's record on women's reproductive health issues.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

It would be very easy for me to rant on about my personal thoughts on men controlling women and society. I won't.

I will say, however, that I don't want this man within spitting distance of becoming president.



No comments: