Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bushwhacking and Sculpture





















As I've whined about before I've been doing a lot of bushwhacking around the house. Thought I'd throw in a couple of pics of the rest of it that needs to be done - the side of the house and the back of the house. Sigh.

Both the back and the one side of the house still have overgrown hedges, bushes, and things that have gone way too long without pruning. I'm opting to take them all out. We may put some new things in, but contrary to popular recommendations, there will be no, I repeat, NO thorny things. And no nigh-on-to-trees planted, either.

Max took the spruce or whatever trunk out from beside the porch, and he also finished clearing the other holly bush. He couldn't make himself whack out the leftover trunk of the biggest holly tree, however. It just looks too cool to him. Hehehe, he's wishing he could varnish it, or polyeurothane it and leave it for a sculpture. He told Uncle Charles this, and told me Unk just looked at him like he was nuts. Sigh. Like both of us aren't?

And just for creepies, I moved a sack of wool that was in the corner of the den and found a nicely shed snake skin. Yikes. We suppose it was from that little garden snake that crept in two weeks ago. Shiver. All I keep wondering is just how long that thing was in my den!



No comments: