Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Something I wanted to document before I forget it - Joe was weighed at the hospital yesterday. He now weighs 99 pounds. He lost 25 pounds since September 10.

I have to go to Paducah this afternoon to finish up paperwork for Medco. I'll be taking Joe some extra blankets and things. I'm going to stop by Wallyworld to see if I can find a small, affordable TV for him to put beside his bed. I  debating whether or not to get him a headset to listen to it on. One would think he would be able to hear the TV with it, but then one wonders whether he could remember to use them.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Joe doesn't act out at this new place. He seemed calm yesterday, and was well behaved. Things will be so much easier if he remains so. I still have to coordinate getting his glasses replaced, his teeth cared for and his bottom partial usable, and hopefully some new hearing aids. I don't know if he can do the trip to the VA in Marion where the VA might hopefully assist in the cost. The price of them is mind boggling.

For Lynn - I've been listening to Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World, a financial book by Michael Lewis (for a review, click here.) One of the cities he visits to discover it's money woes is Vallejo. The first time he said the city's name, my mind immediately went to you.

Lastly, I hope to find time later today to finally get the pictures of Josh and Maurya's wedding off the phone and posted here. I'm sorry it didn't get done and posted more closely to the wedding day.

No comments: